EPT Recovery is co-founded and managed by two prominent Stellenbosch-based Biokineticists, Francois Retief and Russell Looms. The company is based in Stellenbosch, however EPT has a national foot-print and can provide therapists to activate at events right throughout the country. Our clients range from the general public to high-level athletes at one day to multi-stage sporting events. Professional, focused, quality activations have honoured us to be associated with most major sporting events in the Western Cape as their sport massage service provider of choice.
EPT Recovery strives to continually raise the bar of service excellence during sporting events, enabling athletes to experience the fuller range of an event offering. We focus on the athlete experience, starting from the hassle-free automated online booking system, right through to the start line and onwards onto the massage bed. We value loyal and reliable partnerships. Being familiar with your specific requirements will enable us to structure turnkey solutions; from setup, through disciplined professional recovery services, to clean-up. EPT believes in maximising the customer experience and convenience, offering a stress and hassle-free service to event owners.
Our qualified staff offer a variety of soft tissue techniques to effectively deal with sport recovery, injury prevention, and rehabilitation. A wide range of methodologies and professional skilled attributes are applied to assist elite athletes recover faster:
- Customer convenience with an online booking & payment system
- Pre & post event sports massage – massage therapy is administered using up-to-date treatment techniques, and effective treatment products, executed by highly qualified sports massage therapists
- General advice to athletes on optimal recovery during and after the event
- Pre & post event Strapping and Taping (Kinesio taping & EAB strapping)
- Pre & post event stretching
- Myofascial release and foam ball rolling
- Retail ability for natural supplements like CrampNot
- Premium products can be supplied for goodie bags
- Structural therapy
- Ice baths
- Compression garments
- Muscle stimulation devices
EPT Recovery boasts professional recovery zone set-up’s and offers a multi-disciplinary team, in order to provide events with a hands-on sports massage service for the ultimate recovery experience. We can compile an appropriate team for an event from our current human resources base:
- Fully qualified & registered Biokineticists
- Fully qualified & registered Physiotherapists
- Fully qualified & registered Chiropractors
- Sports Therapist (level 1 & 2)
- Up to 80 Physiotherapy students from UCT, UWC, Stellenbosch, Tukkies
- Up to 60 Biokinetics students from Stellenbosch, UWC and UCT
- Sport Science students trained by us from Stellenbosch, UWC and UCT
Our team of therapists are trained and are committed to providing high quality services to all customers.
- We maintain high standards through frequent workshops and examinations.
- We have experience in providing scalable services at events. Along with our professional work ethic, we strive to ensure the highest level of industry standards.
- It’s our aim to ensure that the athlete’s total event experience is enhanced due to the high standard of service received and positive interaction with our staff.
If the events company has their own facility or sponsor for the recovery zone, we will use their infrastructure, alternatively we have the following to offer:
- Administration tables & chairs, credit card POS, directional antennae & router for Internet connectivity, laptops & big screen
- EPT branded pop-up gazebos (with sidewalls and ground sheets)
- Branded feather banners, A-frames, expandable walls/partitioning
- Bed blocks (to prevent beds from sinking into mud)
- Mobile change room
- Massage beds – with baskets for athlete’s clothes, sheets, towels and consumables
- Range of stretching tools and instructional stretching material
- Range of ergonomic and/or exercise equipment (for sale at events and online)
- Strapping and taping equipment and consumables
- Electrical muscle stimulation devices
- Hand-held massage guns
- Compression garments
- Light therapy devices
- Vinyl mats, ice buckets & rollers
- Recovery supplements